Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yoyo Santa


I love this community blog! I'm trying to keep a blog of my own but it's something that takes precious time. When Abigail mentioned this blog, I thought it was definitely worth the time to share ideas with crafty friends!

I live in NZ where Christmas is warm so the instinct to start thinking about Christmas comes to me in August when the weather is cold and dreary! Preparing for Christmas crafts started about September when I was asked to decorate for our church's "Women's Creative Craft" night. This was on Friday the 20th so I can breath a sigh of relief now that it's over. It was a huge success and my white tree branches in white jugs were my favorite decoration. I put miniature cookie cutters and kitchen utensils on white ribbon and hung them from the branches. I am hoping someone took pictures. I had three jugs on the food table. The other two were felted birds with sparkling diamentes and knitted and beaded cream ornaments.

I have finished a few projects that I will post in a few days. This is a Santa that I made last Christmas. It's made from yoyos, using Kaffe Fasset fabric. I love to create using quilting fabrics or fancy yarns. This year, I knitted miniature jumpers and mittens for the tree. I also beaded some tiny stockings and ornaments. My quilting friends and I made some quilted ornaments that turned out just gorgeous! I can't wait to show you!

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. great to see you on here. makes me feel like your nearer. wish we could do crafts together but at least i can see what you've been up to on here.
    love you

    ReplyDelete